Thursday, January 26, 2017

My thoughts of ending of Legend of Blue Sea.

This is my honest opinion and what I feel about the entire SBS drama Legend of the Blue Sea. Though it's written by scriptwriter Park Ji Eun who also wrote the famous drama My Love from the Star, has cooperated with actress Jeon Ji Hyun for the 2nd time...I don't find it quite as impressing as her other hit dramas.


Legend of the Blue Sea is marking itself as one of the top 2016 SBS dramas however it has lacked of some ummph....I can't describe it. No doubt Jeon Ji Hyun proves to be one of the best actress with her endless comical expressions at the start to warm heart touching scenes at the last few episodes, however it hasn't garnered as much attention as she was in My Love from the Star drama.



The drama finished at near 18% viewers ratings throughout South Korea for the final episode however it barely reached the mark of 20%. My Love from the Star which has similar story line and CG effects has shot actor Kim Soo Hyun to Hallyu stardom until today and still he remained one of the top A-list actors. Don't get me wrong, I am not against Lee Min Ho- no doubt he possesses good looks and shape, he still has room for improvement in terms of acting. I certainly preferred him in action-thrilling dramas such as City Hunter (2011) than a rich chaebol heir.


I have to admit that in fact Jeon Ji Hyun was the main pillar holding the drama so well- one of the factors most female viewers are nevertheless avid fans of fashion. Remember- her make-up, clothes or anything she carries somehow shot the sales up like a share market graph! One of the reasons as well is her fashion paraded in Legend of the Blue Sea captured the attention of viewers. Though she is a mermaid living on land, still she managed to parade an array of wonderful pieces of clothing's, earrings and make-up. Not forgetting the two main villains in the drama- Sung Dong Il and Hwang Shin Ae kept everyone gripping to their seats for the ill-fated relationship from the past to the future.


Though writer Park has written great dramas, there is no doubt her fantasy CG drama My Love from the Star has proven to be the best of all. Even her mini-series drama The Producers starring Kim Soo Hyun for 2nd time- didn't make such as great impact for viewers.


The happy ending story for Heo Joon Jae and mermaid Shim Cheong has ended in a good way, so everyone is happy for it. And so their ill-fated romance in the past as Dam Ryung and mermaid who died for love has turned to a better and sweeter romance.






No comments: