Wednesday, September 24, 2014

MCM Bags, Backpacks and Accessories.

When I first found out what a MCM Bag is...it was in Seoul when i was following a guided tour and the tour guide happened to carry one black tote bag with dangling charms at the side. The charms have MCM alphabets and a heart shape. My mother was telling me the bag looks beautiful and classy. I never knew what it was...to me, my world was just surrounded by Burberry (which is always my favorite) and rest of my friends are into LV, Prada, Gucci, Coach and Longchamp brands. 

 
This is the one carried in City Hunter
Then MCM brand starts entering my world when I saw actress Park Min Young carrying the bags and wallets in the drama City Hunter with Lee Min Ho heavily endorsing it as well.

When i went to Seoul- straight away I headed to Lotte Duty Free and got myself a black shiny leather women wallet for US$200+. It's not cheap but it's worth while. Until today I cherished it and haven't used it. Ha ha!

Then again when i went to Hong Kong- i went straight to the MCM Boutique in the Central and bought myself another yellow colour women wallet and costs me another $200+ over again. 


 
MCM is a popular brand in South Korea where it's been heavily endorsed and carried by famous celebrities. The backpacks were one of the popular items carried by boyband members and actors such as Kwon Sang Woo, Girls Generation, EXO, Big Bang, Rain, TVXQ, MBLAQ, SHInee...etc. 

Korean singer/actor 'Rain"@ Jung Ji Hoon at the Decor MCM Store in Singapore

Korean- EXO group latest to endorse MCM brand in 2014

For all I know MCM is a popular luxury Germany brand. MCM stands for Mode Creation München. It was founded 1976 in order to manufacture high quality leather goods for traveling purposes. MCM overwhelmed the next decade, watches, bags, perfumes, clothes. Unfortunately, the public fell for more traditional labels in the 90's. In 2005, Michael Michalsky who is the Adidas former creation director found a new home at MCM. He gave a 2nd life to the company and MCM got it shyne back by picking in the brand amazing range products and shapes and technics. MCM vintage products have seen their value increased lately, which is a rate of MCM's amazing success.

MCM flagship store opened in London near to Harrods Shopping Dept. and I went to have a quick look at the boutique. It wasn't big but carries various collection of the bags, wallets and accessories. They are still super expensive especially they are in GBP (Pounds).

The women handbags were easily ranging from US$500-$1000 for one and they are usually leather. Not cheap to start with but definitely cheaper than buying other luxurious brands in Europe. It's not a very common brand but something to look and cherish if you are into lux brands. One of my favorites got to be the Urban Styler and Elda collection bags. They are classy and super multi-purpose (either you can use it to work, shopping or anywhere!) Check out the latest models and collection on their main website at www.mcmworldwide.com

The flagship stores and boutiques are mostly found worldwide in Europe and Asian countries. Australia and New Zealand are still back-dated so they dont carry these brands. *bleh!* .... The latest Flagship MCM Store has just opened in Myeongdong, Seoul in mid 2014 having EXO group to officiate the opening. 

I know I will be purchasing a MCM handbag in Seoul which I have been eyeing for years. It would either be the First Lady or Urban Styler collection. *Blinks* He he!


(Note: Pictures are all courtesy from MCM Worldwide Website)
 









No comments: