Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Tea-time at Victorian Garden Tea Room & Cafe.

Spending my weeks in Penang, I started trying all the high tea sets in the cafes that are newly opened in the state. One hot afternoon my parents and I went to Victorian Garden Tea Room and Cafe located at 33 Irrawaddy Road. It's rather interesting to know that their sister shop is Jenni Cake and Bakery at Pulau Tikus. 



The tea room is decorated with very lovely pastel wallpapers consists of tiny flowers and roses. The interior decor are all decked looking in Victorian times. The cutlery and tea pots are all in English style. The high tea set is around RM 48 (if I am not mistaken) and consists of ribbon sandwiches, scones with butter/jam, a pot of hot brewing tea of your choice, slices of cakes, croissants and tarts.


Even the windows were decorated with white cute looking curtains. They do refill hot water in your teapot. I must say that the high tea set was quite lovely and tastes good.
The place is fully air-conditioned and you can find parking spots in front of the cafe.

Price: 3.5/5 stars
Food: 3.5/5 stars
Overall: 3.5/5 stars





No comments: