Sunday, August 2, 2015

Birthday! It's me birthday and I'm at work!

So happens 3rd Aug is my birthday and I happened to be at work. No big deal. Turned up at work as early as 7.00am and started working my butt off with tons of emails and requisitions from my vessels. It's driving me insane spending more than an hour sending out quotes for one particular vessel who didn't do their job properly. $^@#?!*

Anyway- my colleague of mine turned up at work with a nice big purple taro (yam) cake- u see this is specially home made by a Filipino friend who is excellent in baking cakes. She sells them online and my colleague bought it from her. Sweet! Wee....here's the pretty yam cake that arrived in this morning at work for my birthday. Another year older and wiser...LOL!


And of course it matches with my top UniQlo sweatshirt. Purple...hehe! Lucky colour!
Before I knew it the cake was finished up by the entire office people within 15 minutes.
After an hour or so we are headed out for our fleet team lunch at Hophaus German restaurant at Southgate. Quite nicely tucked upstairs with sunny weather at noon after a stormy winter morning start. I've ordered the Seafood Grilled Plate which consists of grilled scallop, King prawns, swordfish and some calamari with some drizzling lemon sauce and a bowl of rocket salad. Meals costs at least $28 per head exclude drinks. That's my free birthday lunch! Got a bunch of pens from Kikki K and a Large BOOST fruit juice all thanks to free signups on email. Isn't that great? Getting freebies on your birthday?
That's not it...a free muffin from Muffin break, $5 voucher from Priceline, free cake and coffee from Shingle Inn, $3 voucher from Ferguson Cakes House, $10 off from Anaconda, free churros from San Churros..etc. 

Just makes me wonder it's wonderful to celebrate birthday in Australia even if you are alone as you get free drinks and cakes from these big franchises. He he!
Anyway another at work and time flies...it's over by 5pm when it's time to get off work.

Thanks to my besties- Katrine and Chuan Lan for spending early birthday yumcha with me at Chinatown CBD Shark's Fin House. And special thanks to my colleague Jean for getting me the lovely taro cake. It's always nice not to be alone in a foreign land to celebrate the B-day. Cheers! xoxox.... 

-Ling- 



No comments: